BRCGS Food Safety
BRCGS’ Global Standard for Food Safety is the number one global market-leading Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) scheme and a fundamental requirement for many leading retailers, manufacturers, and food service organisations
Increased Customer Confidence
We Can Help You On Your Journey To BRCGS Certification
What is BRCGS Food Safety?
BRCGS Food Safety is a leading safety and quality certification programme, used by over 23,000 suppliers in 123 countries.
The Standard provides a framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality, and the operational controls for these criteria in the food and food ingredient manufacturing, processing and packing industry.
The Standard aims to:
- encourage development of product safety culture
- expand the requirements for environmental monitoring to reflect the increasing importance of this technique
- encourage sites to further develop systems for security and food defence
- add clarity to the requirements for high-risk, high-care and ambient high-care production risk zones
- provide greater clarity for sites manufacturing pet food
- ensure global applicability and bench-marking to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
Issue 8 of the Standard is divided into nine sections:
- Senior Management Commitment
- The Food Safety Plan – HACCP
- Food Safety and Quality Management System
- Site Standards
- Product Control
- Process Control
- High-Risk, High-Care and Ambient High-Care Production Risk Zones
- Requirements for Traded Products